Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Snail Mail and Project Life

Snail Mail

Last Christmas, I joined a gift exchange online. It was hosted by Chantelle of www.fatmumslim.com. I first came across fms in 2012 with the Instagram game of photo a day. So back to the gift exchange. I received a nice package in the mail from a beautiful mother in Australia and I sent a few local products to a grandmother in the US. 

In February, Chantelle hosted the first The Oh So Happy Mail Project. I signed up. I sent a card to a beautiful lady in Australia and she received the card already. However, since we suddenly had to move, I haven't received my letter and I'm starting to lose hope that it will be forwarded to my new address.

In March, Chantelle hosted the second round. I joined again and since everything is being sent snail mail, I'm patiently waiting for my letter to arrive. Along with the adult pen pal, Chantelle also created one for kids. For the March round, I signed Monch up for it. Today, we dropped of his letter for his partner in Australia. Kiddo should be receiving it in three weeks.

Aside from The Oh So Happy Mail Project. I've also discovered pocket letters. I've signed up on www.pocketletterpals.com and have found several ladies to swap pocket letters with. At this moment, I have 3 pocket letters ready to be mailed. I have already sent out 2 pocket letters.

All this snail mail stuff, it's also got me back into my crafting, and I just might pick up on my scrap booking. I'm even more encouraged by the Project Life app! This is how I use it:

  1. I plan what I want my page to look like.
  2. I chose a layout for a page. 
  3. I then choose the card design I want for each layout box.
  4. I add the text to the title and journaling card.
  5. I print it out.
  6. I cut out the individual cards.Then I trim it if necessary.
  7. I put them in the pockets of the 9 pocket page protector. 

So far I've only used it for pocket letters, but I'm working on my first scrapbook page using a 9-pocket page protector. I'm really excited about how it's going to turn out. I hope to finish it over the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

You can purchase the Project Life app here.

Did you like this post? Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment