Sunday, April 17, 2016

Warming Up To Big School

Warming Up To Big School

I have been pretty vocal about my comparisons between the warm close knit Globe Academy and big school. 

Here are some concerns that I've brought to to co-parents from one or both schools.
  • I was concerned that the teachers might not be able to attend to Monch's needs.
  • I was concerned that Monch might get lost in the big school. (Never happened. Big school was diligent about it.)
  • I was concerned that Monch would get released to the wrong person. (Again, never happened. Authorized individuals had to have an ID.)
  • I was concerned Monch would have trouble fitting in. (He didn't :) Seems to me he was a hit with his classmates, cause they always call to him in a crowd. He, however, was bad with names.)
  • With all the students, will the teacher get to know Monch? (She did!)

One year later... I'm glad I got Monch to start in big school. He adjusted well. He was pushed by his teachers. His grades were beyond my expectations, even with his Filipino which is slightly lower than the other subjects. The best part is that even if he was in big school, the pre-schoolers were still treated like babies for the first part of the school year. By the third quarter, they were already told that they would be in first grade the next year. And by the fourth quarter, they were treated almost like first graders. It was a great way to ease the children into first grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment