Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pregnancy Symptoms


I found out last week that I’m pregnant. I was a whole lot of mixed emotions. I was not planning on another child, but we were not doing anything to stop it either. But it still caught me off guard. I haven’t even gotten around to my first baby’s baptism.


As I mentioned, this baby wasn’t really planned. But we weren’t exactly doing anything to prevent getting pregnant. I was kind of set on just having one child but now that another one is along the way, I guess the timing is right. They will be three years apart. And I’ll have the child will be born before I turn 40.

My pregnancy symptoms are the same. I am always dizzy and my tummy is always upset. There’s so much I want to eat, but when the food is there, I can’t eat a lot. I easily get full. I always end up eating in small amounts.

I have frequent visits to the bathroom. If it is not to pee, it is to throw up. There have been times that I didn’t make it to the bathroom so; I have a barf bag at my bedside. I seem to know only three rooms in the house - the bathroom, the kitchen and the bedroom.

I’m always hungry and thirsty. And yet, I can’t eat in large portions. So, I’m always in the kitchen for a bite. I usually finish my lunch in three visits. I try to keep my snacks healthy. I’m usually munching on crackers, dried fruits or nuts, and water.

I’ve had to leave the house on occasion, mostly to pick up some groceries. They have not been pleasant trips. While I’m out, I keep feeling like I’m going to faint. And I feel so ungraceful, like I’m stomping down the aisles instead of my usual gliding.

The first trimester is probably the worst for me. Even during my first pregnancy. But after the first trimester, it is usually lots of fun… Until the big d-day.

Overall, though, I’m excited about having another baby. And I’d like to have a baby girl. I mean, I love my son and all, but I want to experience having a daughter, too. And I don’t want to have any more kids after my second baby. In fact, as early as now, I’m already considering some kind of permanent birth control method. What’s your take on permanent birth control methods?

No comments:

Post a Comment