Sunday, December 23, 2012

Just Moved... Too Fast



I am still very upset. We moved in two weeks ago. And  now, we are looking for a new place… again! We are going to have to move… again!

When I started looking for a place to move, my initial questions were always:
1.       Is the place pet friendly?
I have a five year old Shih Tzu and there’s a standing joke that he is our first born. He’s family and home just wouldn’t be home without him.
2.       Is there a dedicated parking spot?

It was quite an ordeal. Most of the places I liked answered no to one or both of my questions. And the places that were pet friendly and offered dedicated parking spot were not up to my standards. We were checking this one unit that wasn’t to our liking when the broker offered a condominium just outside the city.

We checked out the place and fell in love. We were careful though and decided not to jump into anything. We kept in touch with the broker. They guaranteed us that the place was pet friendly and that although it didn’t have a dedicated parking slot; we were guaranteed a slot in a specific lane where three cars would fit.

We went to visit the place a second time to see it again before making our decision. On the third visit we decided to close the deal. Contracts were signed and the place was ours!

On the evening of the day we moved it, we had pizza delivered to celebrate… And well, everything was still in their boxes so preparing a meal would be quite a challenge. When the deliver guy arrived, my dog barked… He is after all my canine doorbell. A few minutes later the building doorman, came up to tell us that dogs are not allowed in the building.

To make a long story short, I brought this up with the broker. And the reply? I never mentioned anything about dogs in this condo unit. I mentioned it at the start but I never mentioned it when we were checking this place out. I was so upset. I sent them a message saying that they knew right from the start that I had a dog. For them to offer me a place that is not pet friendly was very wrong of them and for them not to admit to that mistake proves that they were merely scamming me for my money. All they cared about was the money. Then I said thank you. They tried terribly to redeem themselves after my message. I have received numerous messages, missed calls and emails. But I’m sorry, the damage is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment