Saturday, May 11, 2013

On The Topic Of The Upcoming Elections

Elections are just a few days away. 

I'm so glad that it's mother's day tomorrow or else my social media networks would be all about politics, and more frustratingly (if there is a word) the bashing of candidates that they don't think are worthy to be voted for... Specifically one Nancy Binay.

Let me make it clear, I am not endorsing Nancy. I have always been and probably always will be very secretive about who I vote for.

I'm just so sick and tired of seeing stuff about her in my timeline. 

She's dark. Oh my goodness!!! Seriously? What does skin color have to do with public service! How dense can some people get?

She hasn't attended any debates. She has been quoted to say that she will be doing a lot of debating once she is in office. And it makes sense doesn't it? Her debating now will not gain anything, really. It's just a showing off of intellect and I'm pretty sure most of the candidates are intellectual. We don't need intellectual people in office, we need people who know and can address the issues of the majority. 

I doubt if the majority of the voters understand the issues and the positions during debates. 

She has insufficient experience. I think that her being a personal assistant to her parents is pretty good experience. Let's not look down at the position because of the word "assistant". The role of a assistants are very important. Take for example, the Camerlengo of the Holy Roman Church, his tasks are way important. And, (haha) how about dear Miss Pepper Potts? My point is, sometimes, the assistant does pretty much everything for the person she's assisting for, without the glory. 

She's just using her family name. And so what if she is? First and foremost, she's not the only one, so stop singling her out. Next, at least her family has been in politics. It's really quite simple, you know that phrase "(s)he comes from a long line of ___", it's pretty much the same thing with politics, even better for her since she works closely with her parents. 

And so much more... I think they took a very wise campaign strategy. She reached out to the majority of the voters. I am sure that the masses will remember the candidates that came to visit them, faced them, talked to them, listened to them (maybe). 

Let's not forget, elections are about who wins... And as long as there's not foul involved (and sadly, sometimes even if there is) the end justifies the means.

Lastly... Instead of posting why people should not vote for her, please post who you think we should vote for and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment