Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lost Eden is Paradise Lost

Lost Eden is Paradise Lost

Last Friday, I took the kids to Lost Eden. 

I read extensively on the Lost Eden and I was impressed. I grew up in Paranaque. I am an animal lover so, I was no stranger to the Bio-Research branch on Sucat Road. And yet, I never knew how big the land was. Or that there was a park of sorts back there.

Sadly, when we got there I was immediately disappointed. I didn't want first impressions to cloud my judgement so, I cheered myself up with the thought that we might be at the back office. The actual park must be much better. 

But that wasn't the case...

They say a picture paints a thousand words.

At the parking lot, my three year old, Monch, was not impressed. Trust me, that's saying a lot because my three year old is easily hyped.


I'm surprised there's more than one iguana. This tank was placed pretty high. I had to carry Monch for him to see it. And even after seeing it, he still was not impressed.

Then there's Georgia. Our guide was really hyped up about her. Telling us that when they first got her she was only so many feet long, but now she's so much longer. (Sorry I forgot the exact numbers.) Found it hard to appreciate Georgia when I could barely see her.



Making the most of our trip, we posed beside the miniature Mayon Volcano and Cagsawa ruins. This will have to do until the kids get a little older, then I'll take them to see the real Mayon Volcano.






This peacock was gorgeous. I'm a sucker for peacocks. And he even showed off his feathers.

It's too bad he was so far away though. And sad, too, that he's in there with so many other birds.



The best part of the trip is the butterflies. They breed their own butterflies. Our guide gave me a caterpillar to hold. 

Ugh! 

But I had to be brave because Monch was there. I didn't want him flinching and being scared of caterpillars. Turns out it wasn't so bad after all. My five month old baby, Tia, on the other had, tried to grab it with intentions of tasting it.










I liked the concept of their Chinese horoscope wishing wells. I threw in a coin and wished for the improvement of the facility.

Check out the grass (or weeds) in the path.



Lost Eden has a lot of potential, and I can actually imagine it during it's glory days. But it has not been maintained. The property is for sale. The employees don't get paid in time. It looks like mis-management at every angle. It's really sad for the animals there.

No comments:

Post a Comment