Saturday, March 22, 2014

Globe Academy - Best Choice For Us

I lost the battle on homeschooling. And I'm glad that I did. School has proven to be lots of fun - not just for Monch but for me, too. I've found friends in the mommies of the other students. But more than anything, school has done for Monch a lot of the things that I could and would not have been able to do.

Yesterday was Monch's moving up day. He got his certificate of completion in Nursery. The day before that I received his report card and yearbook. I can see Monch graduating from Globe Academy. I can see Tia going to school here and graduating here, too.
I can still remember the first time I set foot inside Globe Academy. Teacher Glaiza and Yayay attended to Monch as Teacher Faith and I talked.

Being a mom looking for her first child's first school, I had a lot of questions. Having been Teacher Happy in my previous job, I had a lot more.

Here are some of the reasons, I chose Globe Academy:
  • The teachers have work experience from big schools. (This was a very big issue for me.)
  • Graduates from Globe Academy have continued on to the known schools in the Makati Area.
  • Globe Academy has been in existence for 10 years, around 5 years with the current directress. (This is proof of their quality of education they offer.)
  • They have a dynamic curriculum. An example of this is when they added the Filipino subject to their Senior Kinder curriculum to help the students when they start Grade 1.
  • Their approach is a mix of progressive, traditional, and Montessori.
  • Bathrooms are kiddie sized. (I just loooove this small detail.)
  • Report cards have socio-emotional and physical development included. It is based on proficiency.

These are the reasons we'll stay...
  • Monch loves going to school. 
  • The teachers are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment